LOS ANGELES, May 21, 2012 - With increased overnights and more time in port, Crystal Cruises is expanding its regional entertainment programming -- and all inclusive ease. On every European voyage in 2012, the ultra-luxury line is bringing aboard the highest caliber of gifted dancers, singers, and musicians whose art reflects their homeland's culture and traditions. From dramatic Flamenco in Barcelona to disciplined Irish step dancing in Dublin, guests can enjoy authentic, complimentary shows in Italy, France, Spain, Monaco, Ireland, Turkey, Sweden and the Ukraine on 26 Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity luxury cruises.
"Travelers trying to catch a very popular act in a foreign destination can find it challenging and time consuming to research options, buy tickets and travel to the show," says Chris Corrigall, Crystal's entertainment manager. "Making this kind of inclusive entertainment available on board allows all of our guests to more conveniently enjoy another aspect of authentic local culture, and adds to the signature pleasures of 'The Crystal Experience'."
Top talent includes:
• Venice: Interpreti Veneziani, an interpretive string ensemble that performs an inspiring baroque, classical, and modern repertoire, many from Venetian composers like Vivaldi.
• Odessa: The Chamber Orchestra from the Music School of Stolyarsky, a renowned local "musical star factory" for gifted children, created in 1933 by esteemed violin pedagogue Pyotr Stolyarsky.
• Monte Carlo: Les Petits Chanteurs de Monaco, a boys' choir that tours under the patronage of H.S.H., the Prince of Monaco.
• Istanbul: Hodjapasha Culture Center Whirling Dervish ceremonial show, voted Best Local Authentic Event by the Turkish Tourist Guide Association.
• Sorrento: Teatro Tasso, featuring 19th century "Tarantella" song and dance that tells the story of yesteryear's daily life in southern Italy.
Shows will also be offered in St. Petersburg, Honfleur, and Stockholm.
Until June 30, all-inclusive Book Now fares for 7- to 15-day European voyages sailing until December start at $2,865/person, with optional air add-ons and savings for groups of six or more, combining cruises, and Crystal Society member-sponsored, new-to-Crystal guests.
Crystal Cruises' award-winning entertainment offerings include a range of venues and performances, from cabaret nightclub to piano bar lounge; acclaimed productions to headline entertainers; and sophisticated enrichment activities to in-room Blu-ray-viewing, for all world travelers.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com