LOS ANGELES, December 7, 2009 - Steeped in ancient wellness practices, Thailand, Myanmar and India are featured destinations on Crystal Cruises' April 26 "Mind, Body and Spirit" Experiences of Discovery voyage. Optional Crystal Adventures explore the spiritual heritage of the region via personal meetings with Buddhist monks, therapeutic spa rituals and a visit to a meditation center, while guest health experts share insights on life balance, Tai Chi, yoga and family health.
Enlightening experiences ashore include:
* Myanmar - A rare conversation with the monks of the World of Buddhist Institute, plus famed meditation center Chanmyay Yeiktha Monastery.
* Phuket - Detoxifying Cheraim Spa experience using natural oils and tea. Also, Wat Chalong Temple, the largest of Phuket's 29 Buddhist monasteries.
* Jim Karas - Acclaimed fitness expert will help guests develop a "Business Plan for the Body";
* Dr. Martin Lee - Founder of the Tai Chi Cultural Institute will teach classes and lecture on youthful longevity;
* Dr. Donald B. Ford - Cleveland Clinic expert will address family health and the latest research;
* Sandy Shaner - Yoga expert will lead classes in the ancient discipline;
* Susanne Sweeny - Author will speak to how to turn stress into strength;
* Susan King - Intuitive counselor will highlight the soul faction of the mind-body-soul connection.
"The connection between mind, body and spirit is fundamental to the culture of Asia and India," says Thomas Mazloum, senior vice president, hotel operations. "The programming on board and ashore provides the unique opportunity to examine physical and spiritual health with today's top experts, in a destination with a centuries-long wellness heritage."
Guests can also enjoy Crystal Symphony's Feng Shui-inspired Spa & Fitness Center, 360-degree Promenade deck for walking or jogging, new Nordic Poles walking program, indoor cycling classes and acupuncture treatments. Tropical fruit, fresh fish and salads, low-calorie and low-carb selections are available throughout. Even cocktails include only the freshest fruit purees and juices.
The 16-day voyage visits Singapore; Phuket, Thailand; Yangon/Rangoon, Myanmar; Cochin and Mumbai, India; and Dubai, UAE. Two-for-one cruise fares start at $7,390 per person, double occupancy, including $1,000 per person All Inclusive - As You Wish shipboard credits and complimentary air transportation from more than 20 North American gateways.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com